Eurobattery Minerals är ett gruv- och prospekteringsbolag vars mål är att hjälpa Europa att bli självförsörjande inom etiska och spårbara batterimineraler. Målet uppnås genom att tillhandahålla batterimineraler för batteritillverkning, som utgör grunden i värdekedjan och som slutligen används i elfordonstillverkning. Eurobattery Minerals är ett grönt gruvbolag som strävar efter att hålla högsta möjliga miljöstandard samt att ta socialt ansvar i verksamheten.
Could you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
– I am a global citizen of Spanish origin who has worked across many markets with 25 years of mining experience from taking projects from exploration to a full sized mine. I am currently residing in Berlin but divide my time between the German and the Swedish capital.
Roberto García Martínez, VD
Please give our readers an introduction to Eurobattery Minerals.
– We are a Swedish mining and exploration company with the vision to help Europe become self-sufficient in battery minerals intended for the vehicle industry such as nickel, copper, cobalt, vanadium and rare earth element.
Our mission is to do this alongside with full transparency of the battery value chain and with focus on ethical sourcing. We believe it is fair that consumers should be confident their new electric car has a battery that is not produced from child labour or has caused environmental pollution, which is not the case today where 60 % of all cobalt for instance is extracted from Congo. And that is where we will make a difference.
Could you elaborate on Eurobattery Minerals business model?
– Our project process is divided in six different stages; exploration, resource definition, scoping study, feasibility study, development and production. The company has several ongoing and parallel battery minerals projects in different stages of these process. Typically, around six in the exploration stages and two to three projects in resource definition, scoping- and feasibility study that transforms to development and production stages.
We are open to look at different business models such as partnerships or joint ventures whenever it is commercially appropriate.
If any, what impact has COVID-19 had on Eurobattery Minerals and your business operations?
– No, the mining industry and the projects we are currently running have not been affected by the pandemic situation.
Eurobattery Mineral's is currently raising 47,3 MSEK in a rights issue. How are you going to use this capital?
The capital has three main purposes:
* We will use part of the capital to continue the feasibility studies in Spain and Finland.
* For Finland specifically investments will also be made into the drilling campaign there.
* Last but not least, this is an industry with opportunities so we will buffer money for future investments and opportunities as these arise.
Can you walk us through the status and test results of the Corcel-project?
– The Corcel project in Spain is located in the traditional mining area of Castriz. We have three prospect zones in the area with full mining license: Castriz where we are active and planned Monte Mayor and Monte Castello – all in close proximity. Final drilling results in Castriz shows larger prospect zone than expected and confirms high amount of nickel and cobalt.
Hautalampi in Finland is another classic mining region where we have an option to acquire a mining development project where large investments in operational studies and underground mine development already have been completed. We are looking at starting production there within shortly.
According to you, why is buying shares in Eurobattery Minerals a good investment?
– Eurobattery Minerals has a strong focus on battery metals where demand in the next years is growing rapidly with the ever-increasing demand for electric vehicles in the market. At the same time existing mineral supply will not meet the growing demand.
We are also a mining company with exploitation licenses ready, which means we can extract minerals and go into production which means we are strategically positioned to start new projects on short term.
We are not a one-project company, why we are actively looking to diversify our asset portfolio with more projects in different phases and jurisdictions.
Finally, what is your long-term vision for Eurobattery Minerals? Where do you see the company 5 years from now?
– We are part of a strong mission force; the European Battery Alliance with the goal to capture a sizeable piece of the estimated €250 billion market already by 2025. So as the foundation of that value chain, we will help The European Commission reach that goal for a more sustainable transportation industry.
Since only 2 percent of all manufactured batteries today are produced in Europe, Europe has every opportunity to get this production right from the start in terms of labour and environmental aspects. With our experience and assets, Eurobattery Minerals are well positioned to be a valuable contributor to make this come true.
Furthermore, our ambition is to grow further through the current projects we have and with further acquisitions. Our plan is to have several different projects in production in mid-term throughout Europe.
Erbjudandet i sammandrag
Teckningskurs: Teckningskursen är 24,00 SEK per unit. Courtage utgår ej
Teckningsperiod: 29 juni – 14 juli 2020
Handel med teckningsrätter: 29 juni – 10 juli 2020
Emissionsvolym: Erbjudandet omfattar högst 1 969 071 units, motsvarande totalt 47,3 MSEK. Erbjudandet omfattas av teckningsåtaganden och garantiåtaganden uppgående till totalt cirka 23,3 MSEK
Handelsplats: NGM Nordic SME
Dokument och filer